Dermatitis, Eczema, Atopic Dermatitis, Neurodermatitis, Pitiriasis, Psoriasis – are a few of the skin problems from which many suffer.
Yet beyond medicine, there is a more ancient and natural solution for may skin conditions. Of course the first step to be sure of the exact diagnosis by relying on medical specialists because each is presented in multiple forms.
Many of these conditions can be chronically recurrent. For psoriasis in particular, there is a wealth of information which can provide help and support.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease affecting primarily young people between the ages of 10 to 25 or after the age of 40.
It is manifested by the appearance of reddish and roundish patches, often pruriginous and covered with scales. In 5% of cases there is also problems caused in beyond the skin such as in the joints, with severe psoriasis arthritis.
The exact cause of the disease remains uncertain but the risk factors for its onset are known:
- Hereditary genetic factors that predispose to the disease
- Environmental factors (repeated rubbing and skin lesions)
- Infectious factors (mainly streptococcus type A)
- Pharmacological factors
- Stressful events
- Lifestyles, particularly obesity, alcohol consumption, and cigarette smoking.
Psoriasis is a chronic, autoimmune, multifactorial, non-contagious disease. It is not possible to “prevent” psoriasis but, given its chronic-relapse, preventing relapses as much as possible and mitigating the symptoms is ideal.
Treatment depends on the severity of the condition. In most cases, cortisone drugs are used. In serious cases, the best results are obtained with biological drugs and monoclonal antibodies that interfere with the physiological mechanisms of inflammation. Not all patients, however, can use this type of treatment, however healing is not guaranteed.
Unfortunately, as soon as the specialist care is suspended (which can not be prolonged for long periods), psoriasis becomes even more aggressive.
At this point, natural therapies and a new lifestyle come into play, which, as witnessed by many, do give excellent results if used continually.
In all cases “tertiary prevention” is fundamental, so there are some rules to apply in different fields.
- Diet : Balanced and rich in antioxidants.
- Hygiene : The skin must always be clean and free from trauma
- Stress : Outdoor movement and regular sleep help to combat stress
- Detoxification : Drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day.
- Sea and Sun : The action of sea salts and exposure to sunlight greatly improves psoriasis.
- Hydration : The skin should always be hydrated with oils and creams at least twice a day,
morning and evening.
- Perfumes : Perfumes and scented creams can further irritate the damage.
The same applies to the scents contained in detergents that often persist on garments and
- Clothes and Contact Materials : Wear natural and soft fibers.
Olive oil is used for the care of skin, hair and nails and all body parts affected by psoriasis.
Olivella® cosmetic products are made exclusively from virgin olive oil 100%. Olive oil is rich in precious components whose soothing, moisturizing and protective action has been known for centuries.
The Olivella® line is covered by innovative patents that allow you to preserve precious anti-aging and antioxidant properties, therefore from olive oil to creams and soaps your skin is covered, literally!
If there is a remote possibility that one of the ingredients is not safe, we simply do not use it.
Olivella® ingredients are strictly tested and evaluated by independent research institutes in accordance with international health and safety standards. The first skin care comes from good hygiene habits. It is necessary to keep it always clean and intact, without redness, cracking and injury, and above all protected and well hydrated. A light natural foam is the first step to cleaning every day without running the risk of irritating, scratching or reddening it.
Olivella Fragrance Free Bar Soap is ideal for daily hygiene because it has functional active ingredients of natural 100% Sodium Olivate (natural surfactant for gentle skin cleansing).
Natural glycerin and unsaponifiable fraction of olive oil (squalene, B carotene alcohols, phenol esters …) (emollient and moisturizing substances that help preserve the natural hydro-lipid layer of the skin)
The soap in fragrance free olive oil has the following features:
- Good detergent power (thanks to its soft and delicate foam)
Excellent tolerability of face and hands skin (due to the presence of long chain fatty acids such as oleic acid)
- Good emollient and dermo-protective function (due to the remarkable concentration of naturally occurring salts of olive oil in the unsaponifiable fraction)
- Due to its 100% non-fragrant Olive Oil Formula, Saponetta Olivella Senza Profumazione is particularly suitable for skin most sensitive or skin disorders such as psoriasis and dermatitis. Irritability tests and toxicological assessment of the product on the basis of the single raw materials, routes and exposure levels have been certified by “SAFETY PRODUCT” according to its use and its function.
- Without parabens. Without dyes. No perfumes. Dermatologically tested. For all skin types. Only for local (topical) use.
LIQUID SOAP RAW FRAGRANCE FREE
A 100% innovative olive oil soap in the formula, essential in the structure, soft in its foam, easy to use, rich in functional active ingredients:
1-Potassium Olivate (natural detergent surfactant)
2-Glycerin natural and unsaponifiable fraction of olive oil (squalene, carotene B carols, emollients) Main features:
Good cleansing power
Great tolerability of skin and face
Good emollient and dermo-protective function Poor irritability despite the basic pH
Great environmental sustainability
The essential ingredient, OLIVATE POTASSIUM, starting from 100% virgin olive oil, is produced with innovative technologies that keep a large part of the beneficial properties of the oil itself.
Without parabens. Without dyes. Preservative free. No perfumes. Dermatologically tested. For all skin types. Only for local (topical) use.