Planting 500,000 Olive Trees at Terre Del Papa - Making it the largest Organic Olive Grove in Italy.
This year's theme is RESTORE OUR EARTH, which focuses not only on the need to reduce our impact on the planet but also how we can play a role in repairing the damage we have done.
Given the current situation we strongly believe we should give you an inside of the actions we are taking at Olivella with Terre Del Papa.
Terre Del Papa - 500,000 Olive Trees: Not just an organic olive grove.
Terre Del Papa is committed to reviving these wonderful lands which for years had been in a state of complete abandonment.
During our redevelopment of the territory we came across abandoned waste and forgotten paths. We have decided to revive these lands by following 9 fundamental rules.
1) Our company will be 100% energetically powered by sustainable and renewable energy by 2022.
2) Our ultra-modern micro-drip irrigation system has a water saving that rationally returns 90% of the water used to the land when compared to a classic irrigation system.
3) All our company vehicles are selected according to modern and contemporary anti-pollution regulations.
4) Our organic olive grove does not receive any treatment with chemicals and / or pesticides.
5) Our organic soils exclude any herbicide treatment.
6) In our company we protect, respect and contribute to plant biodiversity in all its forms.
7) Our olive grove contributes to a reduction in carbon dioxide equal to about 25,000 tons of CO2 absorbed in 10 years (equal to the average annual emissions of 12,500 fossil fuel-powered cars).
8) We protect and preserve our forests respecting their biological rhythms.
9) We maintain and regiment the natural surface waters in the prevention of any potential hydrogeological instability.